Monday, August 22, 2011

New Release, Rain, Conference & Ice Cream

Happy Tuesday Everyone,
Congratulations to Jessica, winner of Monday's Christie Craig book review drawing!

Today is release day for Christie Craig's Don't Mess With Texas so everyone make sure you get your copy! This is one that will definitely make you laugh at out loud. She's an awesome person and incredibly witty--both in her books and in person. There's chances to meet her in person--check this blog post to see when and where.


Since we're nearing the end of August the time to submit your registration for the Lone Star Conference is getting shorter--that is because the conference is on October 15, 2011. I'm mailing in my registration this week. Writers get out there...it's worth your weight in gold to network, get support, and party with me (conference day just happens to be my birthday!)


Okay those of you with rain...care to share with Texas? We're in a drought and while I don't want a hurricane, we could sure use some rain to help us out of it. I think the lizards and bugs are beginning to look at the houses around here and think: "Let's move in! There's water in there!" I wouldn't be shocked if cats learn how to start to enjoy swimming just for the wet relief. It's hot, and it's dry and oh boy I'm looking forward to fall and winter with cooler weather (like in October when the Lone Star Conference happens--it's usually cooler by then). Like I said, I don't want a hurricane, but I wouldn't mind us getting a good, environment/people healing rain to make things better.


On the other hand, the heat is always a good excuse to eat ice cream and lucky me I got some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream in the freezer.


Anyway, not to sound trite...but how's the weather on your side of the world?


Have A Terrific Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment