Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What Memories!

Happy Wednesday Everyone,

Sitting here listening to Toby Keith's Rock You Baby takes me back to my wedding day. It was our first dance song. I remember I sang it to my husband as we danced. I thought about using Huckleberry but decided Rock You Baby sounded more like me and my husband.


Funny how things bring up different memories. A scent, a photo, a movie, a quote, a song. 


If someone starts quoting the opening speech by John Adams from the musical 1776 I'm transported back to when I was about 19 and listening to my brother quote the entire thing.


Or if I smell Brute aftershave I wonder if my Dad's around.


If I taste Chocolate Drop Cookies (my grandmother apparently used to make those, but I have no memory of her making them--but one of my sister makes them and every time I have one it makes me think of her). I don't know if there's a website that has the recipe written down. I used to have a copy, but I'm not sure where I put it. (They're chocolate cookies and you put chocolate icing on them--so good!)


Touching a closed up Dandelion would take me back to when I was a kid.


It's amazing how the senses associate certain things with situations, feelings, or a memory. The show Little House On The Prairie takes me back to when I used to live in New Jersey (years and years ago).


What things invoke memories/feelings in you?


Have A Winsome Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment