Monday, August 15, 2011

Take To The Open Road (Or Skies)

Happy Tuesday All,

Monday was a day off--which I needed because it was sort of a crazy day. I hadn't planned to take the day off, but it turned out to be a good idea.

I know Fall is coming and that school starts back soon, but Summer isn't the only time people travel.





I think this was in
Frankenmuth, Michigan
 I have been all over the U.S.A. (by car and by plane) here's a list of states (off the top of my head, I'm sure I'll miss naming one) that I've been to (and I'm talking about either driven through or actually visited...not changing planes):

Texas (San Antonio is fun, and Austin is gorgeous--been out to some of the Hill Country--nice, too)
New Jersey  (love Madison and Morristown very pretty areas)
Maryland (visited--some really great places there)
Washington, D.C.(visited--wear very comfy walking shoes)
New Hampshire (visited--very nice)
Connecticut  (visited--pretty)
Kentucky (visited--a lot of fun)
Tennessee (mostly drove through)
Indiana  (I think mostly drove through)
Michigan  (visited...love it)
Iowa (visited--went to where they filmed the movie Field Of Dreams).
Oklahoma (went to a few interesting places there)
Louisiana (visited, but I don't think I've been to New Orleans, but I went to a nice part of the state)
Mississippi (driven through)
Alabama  (driven through)
Georgia (visited--very pretty areas)
New York  (visited--yes, I've been to NYC)
Washington State (visited/love it...Seattle rocks!)
Missouri (visited...some nice places out there)
Mississippi (driven through)
Ohio (visited several places there...including the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame)
Pennsylvania (visited, I don't remember where I went there)
Massachusetts (haven't been to Salem or John Adams house, though, but I did have fun out there).
Illinois (can't be sure if I visited anything there or just drove through)
Arkansas (mostly drove through)

And that's just off the top of my head.

Outside the U.S.A. I've been to: Canada (a few times--pretty...been to Niagara Falls)

I've been to the U.S. Virgin Islands--St. Croix (my husband and I went there on their honeymoon...we fell in love with a restaurant there called Le St. Tropez...so good French-Mediterranean food) We want to go back to St. Croix because we enjoyed it--next time we go we want to stay at a resort. On our honeymoon we stayed at a hotel, but really if you're gonna go there a resort is the best idea. Also, be sure to take a sailboat ride out to Buck Island--so awesome!

So where have you been and where do you recommend people go to visit/live?

Have A Timeless Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment